CHUSA ENT

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Third of April

I've made it this far.
Trekked through the wilderness
Without being scorched by the sun
Or a foot full of blisters
But Mister,
Please tell me why you proceed to rub my feet
And whisper silent verses of strength
You think I need -Im tired.
Not from the journey because there's more up ahead
I'm more exhausted at your attempts to carry me instead.
When all I had was my bucket of dreams poured from tears
I let you be the pipe to secure the well.
And well
When it all falls down..
The final result of us not ending well was a post dated check
From your flight written in heartbroken farewells.
Did you show me what love was
Or did we dance in circles around our emotions saturated with sex?
Was love really our best answer to nights of dumb arguments?
Something had to give
And from me there was nothing more
My sanity was bleeding and seeping through my pores.
If there was love it disappeared silently through the back door
Didn't wave goodbye or promise to return..

No comments:

Post a Comment